The Department of Physics requires that all applicants meet UCF minimum admission requirements. For information on UCF graduate admissions requirements that apply to all prospective students, please visit the Admissions and Registration section of the Graduate Catalog. All requested materials must be submitted by the established deadline(s). In addition to the general UCF graduate admission requirements, applicants to this program must provide:
- Official transcripts in a sealed envelope sent directly to UCF from each college/university attended
- Official General GRE with a score of at least 1000 taken within the last five years
- The Physics Subject Test of the GRE is recommended.
- No more than 3 letters of recommendation
- Essay/Statement of goals
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- A computer-based TOEFL score of 220 or an internet-based TOEFL of 80, or equivalent score on the paper-based test or an IELTS score of 6.5 is required. Applicants that have earned a degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or those who have earned a degree from a country where English is the only official language or from a university at which English is the only official language of instruction, do not need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
Meeting minimum UCF admission criteria does not guarantee program admission. Final admission is based on an evaluation of the applicant’s abilities, past performance, recommendations, match to the program and faculty expertise related to the applicant’s career/academic goals, as well as the applicant’s potential for completing the degree.