Dr. Ishigami received his Ph.D. in Physics from the University of California, Berkeley in 2004. He has been on the faculty at UCF since 2008.
Transport measurements and atomic-resolution scanning probe microscopy to elucidate electronic properties of graphene and carbon nanotubes. Application of traditional surface science techniques to nanomaterials.
23. InP- and graphene-based grating-gated transistors for tunable THz and mm-wave
detection, R. E. Peale, Nima Nader Esfahani, Christopher J. Fredricksen, Gautam
Medhi, Justin W. Cleary, Joshua Hendrickson, Walter R. Buchwald, Himanshu
Saxena, Oliver J. Edwards, Michael S. Lodge, Ben D. Dawson, and M.
Ishigami, Proc. SPIE 8164 – 7 (2011).
24. Rahul Rao, Derek Tishler, Jyoti Katoch, and M. Ishigami, Multiphonon
scattering in graphene, Physical Review B, 84 113406 (2011).
25. B. Chandra, V. Perebeinos, S. Berciaud, Jyoti Katoch, M. Ishigami, P. Kim, T. F.
Heinz, and J. Hone, Low bias electron scattering in structure-identified single walled
carbon nanotubes: role of substrate polar phonons, Physical Review Letters, 107, 146601
26. Jyoti Katoch and Masa Ishigami, Impact of calcium on transport property of graphene,
Solid State Communications, 152, 60 (2012).
27. Jyoti Katoch, Sang Nyon Kim, Zhifeng Kuang, Barry L. Farmer, Rajesh R. Naik, Suren
A. Tatulian, and Masa Ishigami, Structure of a peptide on graphene, Nano Letters, 12,
28. Ramakrishna Podila, Rahul Rao, Ryuichi Tsuchikawa, Masa Ishigami, and Apparao M.
Rao, Raman Spectroscopy of Folded and Scrolled Graphene, ACS Nano 6, 5784 (2012).
29. Brian Shevitski, Matthew Mecklenburg, William A. Hubbard, E. R. White, Ben Dawson,
M. S. Lodge, Masa Ishigami, and B. C. Regan, Dark-field transmission electron
microscopy and the Debye-Waller factor of graphene, Physical Review B, 87, 045417
30. Jyoti Katoch, Cameron Glasscock, and Masa Ishigami, Ultra high vacuum-compatible
sockets for pin grid arrays used in nanoscale and atomic physics, Journal of Vacuum
Science and Technology B, 31 023201 (2013).
31. Christian W. Smith, Jyoti Katoch, and Masa Ishigami, Impact of charged impurities
on transport properties of graphene nanoribbons, Applied Physics Letters, 102 133502
32. Jaekyun Jeon, M.S. Lodge, B.D. Dawson, Masa Ishigami, F. Shewmaker, B. Chen,
Superb resolution and contrast of transmission electron microscopy images of unstained
biological samples on graphene-coated grids, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta-General
Subjects, 1830, 3807 (2013).
33. C.R. Dean, L. Wang, P. Maher, C. Forsythe, F. Ghahari, Y. Gao, J. Katoch, M.
Ishigami, P. Moon, M. Koshino, T. Taniguchi, K. Watanabe, K. L. Shepard, J. Hone, P.
Kim, Hofstadter’s butterfly in Moiré superlattices: a fractal quantum hall effect, Nature,
497, 598 (2013).
34. Rahul Rao, G. Chen, L. M. R. Arava, K. Kalaga, Masa Ishigami, T.F. Heinz, P. M.
Ajayan, and A.R. Harutyunyan, Graphene as an atomically thin interface for vertically
aligned carbon nanotubes, Nature Scientific Reports, 3, 1891 (2013).
Intelligence Community Postdoctoral Fellowship 2005-2007
Hertz Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship 1997-2002